Saturday 23 July 2016

The dreaded one! NEET Physics(Part 1)

Physics......................that is one thing that scares medical aspirants the most throughout their 2 years preparation(I myself feared it a lot....literally feared!).
Actually the main cause of this fear is our own thinking.We think that Physics contains a lot of mathematics  and infinite formulas that we can't learn and also the fact that we are PCB people not PCM ones.
Although initially this is felt by everyone and that is completely normal as we weren't exposed to such 'full flash' Physics in class 9 and 10.But if one doesn't let go off this fear soon then results may be disastrous.Let me tell you my own story of 11th class.
I started my AIPMT/AIIMS preparation in April 2014 at Resonance Jodhpur. Mathematics was the subject that I decided to leave behind forever (at least at school) that day on wards. But the surprise was that the first lecture in Physics was on..................any guesses huh?.........Mathematics.Clean bowled......no!Actually I got A1 in Mathematics in Class 10 and didn't fear it except some out of the box complex problems.Also I couldn't solve questions with that ease and flow that other guys(now in PCM) did.I needed time and hard work to get to the same. That is why preferred landing in PCB.
Anyways coming back we were taught basic mathematics like trigonometry,calculus-simple differentiation and integration and vectors.These are quite important for Physics of Class 11&12 and you will be struggling if you don't get them right at the earliest.
Next up was Kinematics(equations of motion,projectile and relative motion).At that time I could do quite a good amount of questions of kinematics,except the high level ones.Those ones gave me a scare and in the exam I would get quite confused and waste a lot of time in them.The flow of topics kept on going with Newton's Laws,Friction,Work Power Energy and Circular motion.As the topics were  moving on my marks in AIPMT pattern tests in Physics kept dipping. Started at 140,then 108,117,112,105,98.
Then came this topic called Center of Mass. Isne to aisa mara ki uthhna mushkil ho gaya waapas. I used to almost get to tears because of this topic.Finally on the test on 31.07.2014,I reached my all time low score in Physics-only 46/180.
I was disappointed,not because I craved for marks or being topper,but due to the fact that I was involved quite deeply in AIPMT/AIIMS preparation in these two years,leaving all other stuff like social media,playing games,tourism,holidays,social functions etc.
Then one fine day I decided to turn back and give all my effort to Physics.All this with self study.Our coaching teacher of Physics had degraded his teaching with time, and now no one could understand concepts properly.I solved all examples and problems(even JEE Advanced ones) of Resonance study material before anyone in the class.Used to ask doubts before other even started solving DPPs(Daily Practice Problems). 
Then the next test came on 14.09.2014.Expectations were high.But at the end.......................still only 69/180.Although the highest was 97 only,still it hurt me a lot.Anyways still maintained the same pattern and didn't leave determination.On I guess 28.09.2014 again gave an AIPMT pattern test.This time -"mehenat kam aayi".Reached 112.Highest.
Mastered COM and other concepts,but then Rotational Motion arrived.Literally,couldn't understand much. Could do basic problems though.Still gave an AIIMS pattern test on 12.10.2014.Result?..............................Surprised with All Resonance Rank 3 both overall and in Physics.My pic displayed at study center notice board labeled as 'Star Performer'.Proud feeling.Confidence reinstated.Good going.Here came Diwali Holidays then.Relaxed for a week.
Back to Coaching after 7 days.Again the performance started dropping.Topics like Thermodynamics,KTG,SHM,Waves,Fluid Mechanics.This continued till February.End of session,still so many topics weak. Couldn't cross even 100 marks.Depression came due to Physics.Also Biology was disturbed at the same time due to irregular schedule of classes and syllabus coverage at coaching.Double pressure.Anyway left coaching studies in last 15 days of February to prepare for Annual Exams(Hadn't gave a damn to Physical Education and English throughout the year).
Although all may seem ups and downs in my 11th class Physics story,the main thing I learnt and that I want to tell everyone that in the first year ups and downs are sure to come and you must be ready for that.Please try to stay calm and give you best.Nothing else matters if you are giving you best.Try experimenting new ways of learning to find the way that suites you the best. AIPMT/AIIMS are a long time to go.
Although this doesn't mean that you will be lazy in 11th class.If you trust me,I can say with 100% confidence that one who makes a firm grip in ALL topics of 11th class PCB ,he/she has already set the best stage for getting a good rank in AIPMT/AIIMS. All he/she would need to do is to revise them carefully and practice a lot.No stresses in class 12 of Class 11 on him/her.
Also I would be continuing this post to an even interesting and inspiring story of my 12th class Physics.So stay tuned.
Till next time
Bye!
Edit:Do post your queries in comments section.I will try my best to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment